Thursday, February 2, 2012

2012 is off with a BANG!

Hello friends and followers.

Yea, I know... My blogging needs improvement!
However, I've been very busy painting, and that's a good thang...right?

I have so much to share. Not only do I have quite a few new paintings to show, I'm also involved with a couple commissions, and a charity event.

I'll try to catch everyone up in this posting.

First off....very important news. I've just finished 3 large paintings which are going to be part of "ART FOR ANIMALS" http://www.facebook.com/#!/nashvilleartforanimals

Please check this out. As most of you know...I am a lover of animals, and this is truly a worthy cause. 100% of the proceeds go to the spay and neuter project. The event will be held, February 10, 2012 / 7:00-9:30pm @ Tinney Contemporary Gallery in Nashville.

I've donated the follow 3 paintings.

"GOD"
60" X 36" X 3"
oil on stretched canvas

"THE YELLOW TREE WITHOUT LEAVES"
50" X 36" X 3"
oil on stretched canvas

"GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN"
60" X 30" X 3"
Oil on stretched canvas




Now don't go anywhere yet! I've got more to share.

I've been blessed the pass few months to be a part of Hart Gallery's list of contributing artists.

Since August of last year I've sold about 30 paintings through Hart Gallery. Here are a few.

"VOYAGE"
50" X 36" X 3"
Oil on stretched canvas


"ALL I'VE EVER ASKED  FOR"
50" X 36" X 3"
Oil on stretched canvas


"AND THERE WE FOUND THE PURPLE WATERFALL"
50" X 30" X 3"
Oil on stretched canvas


"CRY ME A RIVER"
48" X 36" X 3"
Oil on stretched canvas


"THE WARMTH OF A COMPASSIONATE HEART"
50" X 30" X 3"
Oil on stretched canvas


"WISHFUL THINKING"
48" X 30" X 3"
Oil on stretched canvas

I'm working on several more and hope to be able to share them as soon as they are finished.

I started building my own canvases, and now I can paint as large as I want. I plan to put together a solo show later this year. Guess I best get busy painting!

Sincerely,

Methec





No comments: